Quitting smoking – Young Northants
It is illegal to purchase cigarettes if you are under 18, it is also illegal for someone to buy cigarettes for you if you are under 18.
People smoke for a variety of reasons, such as stress, pressure, socializing, and habitual or degrading. You can, like many smokers, want to put off your health or cigarettes, but you will find it difficult.
Is smoking bad for me?
Yes. There are 4,500 chemicals in tobacco smoke – many of which are bad for your health and can get you sick.
- Smoking decreases your lung capacity
- The chemical in cigarettes restrict blood flow to your skin. Smokers may have more wrinkled and saggy faces in their mid 20s
- Everyone is gonna be average. Think about what you could do with such money!
- Anyone who starts smoking at 15, dies three times more cancerous than someone who smokes in their mid-20s.
- Everyone in your family can hurt and take care of your family
- Everyone in your family can harm your family’s health and care
what about e-cigarettes?
Some people now smoke tobacco instead of e-cigarettes, or use them as an omission method of smoking. They produce less noxious vapor than tobacco smoke. As many e-cigarettes contain nicotine and the long term effects of using them are not yet known.
Where can I find help to quit smoking?
- The Lowdown is offering free advice to young people in Northamptonshire and counselors looking to provide smoking guidance
- Even the NHS website has many advice about quitting smoking.
- Go Smokefree with your phone – Smokefree app puts support, encouragement and advice in the palm of your hand.
- Mix – information about passive smoking and living with smokers
- Fresno – national aid
Text your school nurse – for friendly, helpful and confidential advice, to your school nurse on 07507 329 600. textures
Do you know that?
If you smoked two packs of cigarettes a week and then exceeded that, you could save yourself nearly 1,000 a year.