If you are looking for help and advice on how to cut down or stop smoking, great support is offered through our Stop Parking Service in Halton. Our well trained team of advisors use proven and proven methods to help you in changing your smoking habits. An example of this is using nicotine therapy.
There are several more easy ways to access the Halton Stop Smoking Service:
You can change to one of our drop-in sessions
- Visit your GP
- Drop-in to your local chemist
- Shoot us at HIT@halton.gov.uk
- Give us a call on 0300 029 0029
Contact us for additional details and individual sessions in Widnes and Runcorn.
Please note – there are no public bank sessions on holidays.
Download info about service »
We can support you through:
- Free advice and support tailored to the individual needs of a smoker
- One-to-one or group support and advice from training staff, for people motivated to stop smoking
- Access to free or lower-cost Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) through a voucher program
- Support in workplace settings
- Support for patients in hospital settings
- Smoking prevention, education and support in schools
- Specialist advice for pregnant and chest feeding smokers
- We specialize in delivering automatic techniques
They can also answer your questions such as:
- How does NRT (replacement dose therapy) work?
- For what else should I say?
- Shall I lay down the burden?
- What should i do when i usually smoke?
- What if I start smoking again?
- How can I relax instead?
- How much money will I save?
- Is it worth the effort?
Trained pharmacists can also offer advice and treatment to prevent smoking.