Lewisham Council – Quit smoking
Services to help you quit
dont go to COVID
Smokers are more likely to catch COVID-19 and develop serious complications. It helps them take the opportunity to #QuitForCovid.
What we’re offering
Lewisham Stop Smoking Service offers a telephone support service with face-to-face appointments on COVID-19 outbreaks. We will provide further assistance, advice, and full range of treatment, which can be collected from your local pharmacist.
How to get started?
Contact us on 0800 0820 388 to arrange an appointment with a specialist advisor. Or, he says, you can use the digital service to stop smoking.
I found out more about the Quit Covid campaign.
Local support sessions
You can set up an appointment and speak to a smoking counselor who provides free prescription medications and provides free prescription to help you quit.
Online tool to quit smoking
Stop Smoking Service have developed a quit tool that you can use from your phone, tablet or PC. The instrument is
- simple ut
- helps work out the best treatment for
- texts to help you when you need a moral support or boost to help you on your way to quit smoking.
You can access the station’s smoking tool online.
Each service can arrange a session for you if you have special assistance:
Smokers who find it difficult to quit are assisted by a face-to-face consultation and weekly support from a specialist team.
We also support international campaigns including:
Declaration on Local Government on Tobacco Control
We are signatories to the Local Government Declaration on Tobacco Control that we are committed to:
- reduce smoking prevalence and health inequalities in the borough
- develop plans with partners and local communities
- participate in local and regional networks
- support government action at the national level
- work to protect tobacco control from commercial and industrial tobacco control
- Monitor our progress plans
- Join Smokefree Action Coalition.