Help stop smoking – Help stop smoking
If you are a smoker, smoking can make a big difference to your health and the health of your family and friends. It can improve your chances of a longer lifestyle and you’ll soon experience the benefits of omitting cigarettes. Even if you’ve been smoking for years, it’s never too late to stop.
Some of the benefits of smoking fencing are almost immediate;
- after 20 minutes, your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal
- after 8 hours nicotine and carbon monoxide levels in the blood reduce by half and oxygen levels return to normal
- After 48 hours, carbon monoxides will be removed from the body, and the lungs will start to clear the mucus. At this stage, no nicotine was left in the body, and the taste and smell capacity was greatly improved
- After 72 hours, breathing will become easier
- after 2 – 12 weeks, improves blood circulation
- after 3 – 9 months, coughs, sharpen and respiratory problems improve as lung function increases by up to 10%
- After 5 years the risk of heart attack drops to almost half compared to the person who is still smoking
- The risk of lung cancer after 10 years falls in half as a smoker and the risk of a heart attack is the same as someone who never smoked.
as well as some of the health benefits described above, you will see some additional positive changes.
- your sense of taste will return and the food will start to taste better
- your fitness will improve
- your skin and teeth will start to look better
- if you plan to start a family, your fertility might improve.
Offer Health and Life Services book 12-week phone-aid program to help you stop smoking.
You can book a pre-installed book with one of our specialist Stop Smoking Advisors to discuss how we can help you with the challenges facing smoking stoppage, managing your cravings, and changing your smoking habits and practices. We can also advise you on what products you can buy to help you quiet your efforts.
Request a Pre-quit appointment by email email@example.com.
To find out: note: Our Healthy Lifestyle Counselors are not only clinically educated and provide healthy lifestyle advice, but provide so much support.
For more information about the daily health care announcements and what’s going on in the entire borough to improve the health of our population, check out our social pages:
How did I go to this job?
Complete our online form to make a referral or get in touch with the Healthy Lifestyles team
Your phone: 01952 382582
Last updated: 02/03/2021 10:53