Help quit smoking free in Newham – Help quit smoking – Newham Council
Did you know that you will probably retire up to 4 times more successfully with advice, help and advice?
Quit Newham Well can the inhabitants of Newham evacuate without payment of advice and assistance;
- Call 020 7882 8230 talk to an advisor
- For text, calls and whatsapp 07474 082330, or
- Email [email protected]
The service is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. Group sessions can be arranged 6pm-7pm (by appointment only).
The service is run by Queen Mary University of London, who for many years has been employed in teaching smoking. The service provides:
- Direct support and restful advice from a trained doctor for up to 12 weeks
- Weekly Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Champix, Zyban and Electronic Cigarettes.
- Telephone and/or digital support with free access to the Smoke Free app
- Face-to-face support is available at the site near you (subject to Covid Guidance recently, local and national).
- The resources are available in English, Bengali, Urdu, Gujrati and Lithuanian. BSL Support is still available
Community Pharmacist in Newham
Also access your support for quit smoking from your local community pharmacy. Find your neighbor please.
Their weekly face to face service includes:
- Personalized advice and help on how to stop smoking
- A detailed tailored treatment plan that includes a quit date
- Access to NHS-approved medications, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) such as labels, gums and pies*
- Follow-ups for at least four weeks begin stopping smoking
- Regular carbon monoxide monitoring
- Up to 12 weeks support.
* Free prescriptions are available if you have free prescriptions, otherwise you will have to pay a prescription charge.
Find your nearest hotel
COVID-19 Update Stop Fitness Services and Pharmacy Providence’s policy in the New Year will return Secure face-to-face if it is safe.
Smoking Project (SSL)
Stop Smoking London is here to help you on your way to stop smoking. Visit their site or call the Helpline now on 0300 123 1044.
Help is available seven days a week and the following times:
- Monday to Friday – 9am to 8pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 11am – 4pm
The SSL website is available in English, Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Urdu. All are available with the option “Read Aloud”.
Stop Smoking London also offers:
- Telephone Support Service – This is a 28-day support service for callers in London including pregnant smokers. You will receive calls from a specially-equipped advisor who can give you personal advice and help on how to stop smoking. Simply call SSL Helpline, 0300 123 1044 to take this route.
- Web Message Service – You can receive www text messages that give you the information, support, and reminders that you need to successfully stop smoking for good. This remote service is available in English, Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Urdu.
Stop Smoking London continues to offer all its services at this time.
Other tools to help you quit
The NHS has a variety of electronic tools to help you quit.
NHS Smokefree app
The free NHS Smoke app can help you stop smoking by providing daily support and motivation. If you stay smoke free for a 4-week program you are up to 5 times more likely to quit. Plus, you can track the days that you were smoke-free and see how much you save!
Daily email support
The next morning, they are told to leave, with assistance being sent directly to the inbox. Smokefree addresses, posted every 28 days, are full of advice, tips and encouragements to help achieve your goal.
Sign up for Smokefree email assistance.
Social media is a great way to exchange stories, experience and advice with other people who try to quit smoking like you.
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Join the Smoke Free Community or sign up for the Smoke Free app.
Personal Quit Plan
You are most likely right to help stop smoking. Make your own personal Quit Plan in just 3 easy steps to find the joint support that is for you.
Quit Create a Personal Plan